Hey you, do you love lemon cake?
Today I came up with a food recipe for you. If you follow a low carb diet but you can’t help your cravings for sweets and cakes in particular, I’ve got you covered. Does lemon cake with cream cheese icing on top sound good?
When it comes to food we must be brief, so here’s how to recreate the Coconut flour Lemon cake:
If you need more instructions, then continue reading.
for the cake:
1) 5 eggs
2) 65g. coconut flour
3) 50g. erythritol
4) 115g. butter
5) ½ tsp. lemon zest
6) ½ tsp. xanthan gum
7) ½ tsp. salt
8) ½ juiced lemon
9) ½ tsp. baking powder
for the icing:
1) 200g. cream cheese
2) 40g. erythritol
3) 1 tsp. vanilla powder
4) ½ tsp. lemon zest
1) Separate the egg whites and yolks, then, beat the egg whites well.
2) Into the same bowl, place the rest of the cake ingredients (including the egg yolks) and mix until well combined.
3) Pour into a loaf form lined (23cm x 13cm) with baking paper.
4) Bake at 180°C (355°F) for 45 minutes (fan forced).
5) Whilst the cake is in the oven, beat the cream cheese, erythritol, vanilla powder and the lemon zest together with an electric blender.
6) Set aside and ice the cake once it has finished cooking.
7) Let it cool, slice and enjoy it!
*Those ingredients are for 10 slices of cake and each slice contains 195 kcal, 3.2 grams of carbs, 5.7 grams of protein and 16.7 grams of fats.
I hope you found this recipe delicious! Try it out and tell me if you liked it as much as I did. Also, don’t forget to share your recipes with me, using the hashtag #nanafark on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!
See you soon,