Hey there! Are you looking for a keto bread recipe?
I believe that there’s no one on the planet that doesn’t love bread! Unfortunately it’s full of carbs and it causes unwanted fat – you know where. Fortunately though, we can still eat some bread even if we’re trying to reduce our carb intake. That means, we’re baking keto bread today!
When it comes to food we must be brief, so here’s how to recreate this super easy keto bread:
If you need more instructions, then continue reading.
Ingredients for 14 slices of bread
1) 2,4 cups (300g) ground almonds
2) 2 tbsp (15g) psyllium husk
3) ½ tbsp (8g) cream of tartar
4) salt to taste
5) 3 eggs (210g)
6) 55g butter
7) 60ml water
8) 1 tsp baking powder (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (356 F).
2) Stir in the almond flour, psyllium husk, cream of tartar and salt.
3) Separate the eggs. Melt the butter in a saucepan and let it cool.
4) Meanwhile, beat the egg whites into a tight meringue.
5) Mix the butter that has cooled with the yolks and the almond flour.
6) Stir the meringue carefully into the dough with a spoon, add water and stir until a creamy, homogeneous mass is formed.
7) Place a baking paper on a bread form. Then, spread the dough evenly on the form.
8) Bake the bread in the oven for about 30 minutes until it gets golden brown.
*Those ingredients are for 14 bread slices and each slice contains aprox. 184 kcal, 2.3 grams of carbs, 7 grams of protein and 16.2 grams of fats.