Hello friends, let's cook some croissants!
During these hard times, with the corona virus pandemic and the whole lockdown/quarantine situation, we find ourselves eating of boredom. I’m here, once again, to help you kill your time and give you a low-carb, keto friendly recipe for croissants.
When it comes to food we must be brief, so here’s how to recreate the low-carb, keto friendly croissants:
Ingredients for 16 croissants
1) 3 cups (315g) shredded mozzarella cheese (low fat)
2) 57g cream cheese (low fat)
3) 3 egg whites
4) ½ cup (55g) coconut flour
5) 2 tbsp of melted butter
6) 1 tbsp of psyllium husk
7) 2 tbsp of sparkling water (room temperature)
8) 1 tsp baking powder
9) Salt to taste (a pinch)
1) Preheat the oven to 196°C (385 F) and place a baking paper on a baking sheet.
2) Add the cheese and cream cheese to a large microwavable bowl, stir well and microwave it for a minute, stir and microwave it again for another 30-60 seconds stir again until well united.
3) Stir in the beaten egg whites, coconut flour, psyllium husk, baking powder and/or the sparkling water and pinch of salt.
4) Knead with your hands until you have a dough consistency, add sparkling water and continue kneading, if the dough becomes hard, microwave it for 10-15 seconds.
5) Place the dough between to sheets of baking paper and spread with a rolling pin to 3 inches thickness. Brush half of the melted butter onto the dough.
6) With a pizza cutter or a knife start by dividing the dough dough into 4 equal square, then into triangles, around 10cm wide at the bottom.
7) Roll the triangles up starting at the wide part, slightly make a curve to shape these a little crescent.
8) Place them on the baking sheet at least 5cm apart, brush the remaining of the butter on top and bake them for 12 minutes or until golden brown.